Monday, December 12, 2005

HOT OFF THE SHOW! Al Franken Entertaining the Troops?



Sorry, but I have problems with this...

Al Franken takes off for his 6th USO Tour.

So, what’s wrong with that? Isn’t he just following in the footsteps of fellow comedian Bob Hope, entertaining our troops? According to Alan Skorski, author of "Pants on Fire," a book critical of Al Franken, Mr. Franken’s tour is a travesty. Skorski says, “It sickens me to no end knowing how much Al Franken has hurt our troops here. He has no business attaching himself to a worthwhile organization as the USO in order to elevate himself and increase his profile and celebrity status.”

Franken’s parody on our troops from his "best of" CD include:

Sorry 'bout the prisoners.
Sorry they got raped.
Sorry they got tortured.
Sorry it got taped...
believe me when I say their apology is sincere I'm awfully sorry for that broomstick up their rear...

Whew! I'm so glad for clean comedians like Paul Aldrich, who was on the show today talking about Operation Belly Laughs, sending a collective work of several comedians to bring cheer and something of 'home' to our troops overseas.

You can still hear the show and laugh along with me as Paul shares the power of laughter, both for our troops and us here at home...


Hear the show (See 12/12/05)

4Comment

No comments: