Monday, December 19, 2005

President Bush - lst President to Celebrate Hanukkah



This says alot - from David Horowitz's blog at FrontPageMag.com on his experience at the White House:

"My wife an I attended the Chanukah (Hanukkah) Party at the White House last night. Bush is the first president in American history to hold Chanukah parties along with the traditional White House Christmas parties.

The White House is magical during the Holiday Season and there were many old friends in attendance. It had a special importance to me now that we have become in effect two political countries -- one supporting a war for freedom in the Middle East and one at war against us (and yes I realize there are a lot of good people in the middle who don't have a stomach for this war but don't want us to lose it either).

I was of course thinking. of the wretched lies of Kerry and Dean from the day before.I hadn't been at an event with the President (who is looking slim and trim) in four years and didn't know if he would recognize me. But the minute he saw me in the line he called out "Horowitz" with a big smile on his face, then embraced me in a bear hug. In the moment I had his ear I said, "Thank you for taking all those arrows for the rest of us." Graciously, he said "You take more than I do," which I don't and said so. Then as I was walking away he called out, "Don't let them get to you." I called back, "Don't you either," and he replied in a strong voice. "I won't."It was a one day cross-country trip for me and my wife to attend this event but those few seconds made it worth it. I left energized for this battle which is so crucial to the future of our country and the freedom of others."

4Comment

No comments: