Thursday, February 01, 2007
HOT OFF THE SHOW! Tuesday - PETA after Your Kids
Highlights from Tuesday's LIVE! show:
-If you are not familiar with PETA, (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), what they are really about, and what they’ve been up to…get ready to raise your eyebrows and to take some action because this involves your kids!
-As I mentioned last week, two PETA employees are standing trial as we speak for killing animals. Andrew Cook and Adrian Hinkle were caught by police for throwing bags full of dead animals into a shopping-center dumpster. Workers at local animal shelters testify that Cook and Hinkle had collected the animals earlier that day on the promise that PETA would find them adoptive homes. This is not the first time.
-This is not the worst of it. PETA is trying to indoctrinate your kids in school. In its 2003 annual report, PETA boasts of reaching more than 2.3 million children and teachers with its destructive messages.
-They are even trying to appeal to religious people even tried to advertise on our flagship station here KDIA. But, what most people don’t know is their ties to what the FBI calls one of the nation’s “most serious domestic terrorist threats.”
• Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it." - Ingrid Newkirk, President PETA
• "There is no rational basis for saying that a human being has special rights. A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They're all mammals." - Ingrid Newkirk
• Get arrested. Destroy the property of those who torture animals. Liberate those animals interned in the hellholes our society tolerates." - Jerry Vlasak, Animal Defense League
• "I am not a morose person, but I would rather not be here. I don't have any reverence for life, only for the entities themselves. I would rather see a blank space where I am. This will sound like fruitcake stuff again but at least I wouldn't be harming anything." - Ingrid Newkirk, national director, Peoplefor the Ethical Treatment of Animals
• "I don't think you'd have to kill, assassinate too many. I think for five lives, 10 lives, 15 human lives, we could save a million, 2 million, or 10 million non-human lives." -Dr. Jerry Vlasak of North American Animal Liberation
**Tuesday's are Live! days and not available in online streaming. You have to catch it real time 4:30 pm PST at www.kdia.com