Tuesday, November 13, 2007

On Tuesday's Show: Controversial Endorsements



Pat Robertson has endorsed Rudy Guiliani, and many are scratching their heads, others are upset, and some shrug it off.

Matthew Cullinan Hoffman writing for LifeSiteNews.com talked about some of the social conservatives who have criticized Pat Robertson's endorsement of Rudy Giuliani.

Randy Thomasson, president of the the pro-life Campaign for Children and Families, told the Christian Post that "Pat Robertson is leading pro-family voters astray by abandoning moral standards for government," and, "This shocking news is a 180-degree turn by the founder of the Christian Coalition."

Randall Terry, the founder of Operation Rescue, announced that a protest would be held outside of Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network offices in Washington, D.C., stating that "I am literally sick to my stomach over Dr. Robertson's decision. He wrote a forward to my book, Operation Rescue, I have been on the 700 Club, I have spoken at Regent University, CBN helped me get started in radio, and the attorneys of the ACLJ have been heroic advocates for our pro-life mission. This is what happens when a leader puts party ahead of principle; it corrupts ones ability to reason consistently."

Another highly influential conservative political activist, Paul Weyrich, released his endorsement of Mitt Romney just before Robertson came out with his announcement. Weyrich recently told Newsmax, I'm not for Giuliani. I want to try to stop him from getting the nomination."


Here's the endorsement:

Robertson:
It is my pleasure to announce my support for America’s Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, a proven leader who is not afraid of what lies ahead and who will cast a hopeful vision for all Americans. Rudy Giuliani took a city that was in decline and considered ungovernable and reduced its violent crime, revitalized its core, dramatically lowered its taxes, cut through a welter of bureaucratic regulations, and did so in the spirit of bipartisanship which is so urgently needed in Washington today.

Giuliani:
I am very encouraged by Pat’s support. His confidence in me means a lot. His experience and advice will be a great asset to me and my campaign.

So, what is your take on this? I'd like to hear it.

All I can say, is that this is 'trouble in river city' for the religious right. Suppose to have a united front, this shows a division, and before the world's media, to boot!

No comments: