Thursday, April 17, 2008

Obama Compares Pro-Life Phycisian with Terrorist



Continuing the discussion on Obama and Abortion...

Susan Jones CNSNews.com Senior Editor wrote today:

"Sen. Barack Obama has compared a conservative U.S. senator with a former member of a 1960s-era radical group that bombed the Pentagon, the U.S. Capitol and other buildings.

At the Democratic debate in Philadelphia Wednesday night, Obama was forced to defend his friendship with former Weather Underground member William Ayers, who never apologized for a series of bomb attacks in the early 1970s. In fact, on September 11, 2001, The New York Times quoted Ayers as saying, "I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough."

Obama said he knows Ayers as "a guy who lives in my neighborhood" and who works as a professor at the University of Illinois in Chicago.
"And the notion that somehow, as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values doesn't make much sense," Obama said.

"The fact is that I'm also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate, who during his campaign once said that it might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who carried out abortions. Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn's statements? Because I certainly don't agree with those, either."



William Ayers, then



William Ayers, today


Erick Stakelbeck, Terrorism Analyst for CBN reports on Ayers' partner:

Barack Obama took some heat last night from both moderator George Stephanopholous and Senator Clinton for his relationship with a former member of the radical Weather Underground group, William Ayers. Much of the focus has been on a 1995 gathering Obama attended at Ayers' Chicago home in order to shore up support for his then-fledgling State Senate campaign. But Ayers wasn't the only former Weatherman in attendance at that 1995 meeting.

Bernadine Dohrn, Ayers’ longtime live-in partner, was also present. In the late 60s' and throughout the 1970s, Dohrn was well-known for statements like this:

"White youth must choose sides now. We must either fight on the side of the oppressed or be on the side of the oppressor."
See Video clip and others featuring Dohrn, Ayers and the Weather Underground in its heyday, visit Erick's latest blog here.







Sen. Coburn is a practicing physician who says he has dedicated his life to protecting the sanctity of life.

"I have had the privilege of delivering more than 4,000 babies in my career," he says on his Web site. "My experience as a physician has affirmed my conviction that all human life is sacred and that life begins at conception. I oppose abortion in all cases, with the lone and rare exception of when the life of the mother is endangered."

"I favor the death penalty for abortionists and other people who take life. My contention for the death penalty is, if you intentionally take innocent life, you ought to be open to the death penalty. Do I think abortionists should be put to death right now? No. You can't do it. (Abortion) is legal. I don't think it should be legal."


Hear show on "Obama, Abortion & Faith?" online here (See 4/14/08)

4Comment

No comments: