Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TD Jakes: Obama gives 'goose bumps'



Obama nomination gives TD Jakes goose bumps - CNN.com

"I like most Americans of all stripes, watched with visible goose bumps as history was made. I sat with my 13-year-old son and looked from the screen to his eyes as Sen. Barack Obama became the first African American in history to lead a U.S. major-party ticket when he claimed the nomination for the Democratic Party for president of the United States.

"I congratulate Sen. Obama on this historic accomplishment. I thank him for accepting the torch that was lit by our forefathers and proudly carrying it through the darkness of our struggles, trials and tribulations, bringing light and hope to a new generation, and for facing all those who said 'No' and 'You can't win,' or 'It will never happen,' and firmly, proudly, defiantly saying, 'Yes I can!'"

hmmmmmmm

4Comment

No comments: