Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Political Wrap-Up: SOTU - More Taxes & Spending

Obama's SOTU call for 'fairness'...

“Let’s never forget: Millions of Americans who work hard and play by the rules every day deserve a government and a financial system that do the same. It’s time to apply the same rules from top to bottom: No bailouts, no handouts, and no copouts.”

Wait, is he repenting? Did I miss it? Did he admit wrong? I mean, his administration is the winner when it comes to "bailouts, handouts and copouts."

His version of 'fairness' will include a surtax of up to 5.6 percent and raising the capital gains tax rate to 20 percent for upper income taxpayers, and more...spending. He promises to aid companies that will bring their business back home. We all want American businesses to bring their business back home...but where is he going to get the money to 'reward' them for doing so? Taxes.

There were several incredible statements/claims of the night, but the one at then end when he said that the state of our nation is good, I wonder how many Americans really believe that - even of his supporters. (see video here)

I could go on, but won't. More interesting coverage at NewsMax.com.



More at Changing Worldviews
Sign Up for my Free Email Newsletter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Get Show on iTunes
Listen to my Radio Broadcasts on this subject Online at Broadcast page

No comments: