Friday, December 18, 2009

Obama Tells UN Climate Conference 'No Time to Waste'



SUN TIMES -- Transcript of Obama speech to conference: "I believe we can act boldly, and decisively, in the face of a common threat. That's why I come here today -- not to talk, but to act. Now, as the world's largest economy and as the world's second largest emitter, America bears our responsibility to address climate change, and we intend to meet that responsibility.Number three, we must have financing that helps developing countries adapt, particularly the least developed and most vulnerable countries to climate change. America will be a part of fast-start funding that will ramp up to $10 billion by 2012. And yesterday, Secretary Hillary Clinton, my Secretary of State, made it clear that we will engage in a global effort to mobilize $100 billion in financing by 2020, if -- and only if -- it is part of a broader accord that I have just described."

Read full transcript

More at Changing Worldviews

Sign Up for my Free Email Newsletter

Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

My shows on this subject online, with Marc Morano and more. Listen here (See 12/14 & 12/7/09)

No comments: