Wednesday, September 11, 2013

8 Year Old Muslim Bride Dies From Wedding Night Injuries From 40 Year Old Husband

GODFATHER POLITICS reported more on the 8 dead  yr. old Muslim bride: "Hardh region of Yemen lies along the Saudi Arabian border and is home to a very poor population of Muslims. The country of Yemen was devastated about 40 years ago by nearly ten years of civil war. Eventually the country unified in 1990, but it still consists of two warring factions of Islam.  Sunni Muslims make up about 55% of the population and Shiite Muslim compromise the other 45%.

"The conflict between the two factions has left the Hardh region devastated and poor. The result of this has led to some villages and groups of Muslims to marry off their young daughters to older men for money. Besides the desperate need for money, tribal customs believe that younger brides can be more easily molded into the good Muslim wife who will resist outside temptations and who will bear more children.

"As a result of poverty and custom, more than
25% of Yemeni girls are married before the age of 15.  As is custom in Islam, the females have no rights, and the wives are treated as a possession by the husbands in whatever manner they desire.  In September of 2010, a 12 year old Yemeni wife died after enduring three full days of labor, trying to give birth to her first child.
"More recently, an 8 year old girl by the name of Rawan died from internal bleeding sustained from her husband on their wedding night. Many in the international community are calling for the arrest of the husband and that the country stop the child bride practice.  In fact, Yemen did pass a law that girls had to be 15 years of age to marry, but that law was annulled by the unified parliament in the 1990s.

"As a parent, can you imagine selling your 8 year old daughter to some 40 year old man for a few hundred dollars? I hope you find the idea abhorrent, indecent, immoral and repulsive."

Read more here.



Listen Live on KDIA AM 1640 San Francisco @ 4:30 pm, M,W,F,Sa

Listen to Shows After they Air at SPREAKER
Listen to past Shows in my Broadcast Archives page
Get Show on iTunes

More at Changing Worldviews
Sign Up for Free Email Newsletter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

No comments: